Globo Comunicação e Participações S.A.
Cartola FC is a fantasy game, in which you get to assemble your own soccer game featuring stars. Do smart scouting, plan a strategy, recruit legendary champions and rise through the ranks— just download Cartola FC!
Cartola FC follows the concept of fantasy league. Only it’s based on soccer, which in Europe and Latin America is referred to as football. That’s why it has an FC acronym in its name, which stands for football club.
So, the premise is similar: you need to recruit 11 players that will form your own dream team. And then through strategizing and tactics, you must take your imaginary champion squad to the national tops.
At the beginning of each season, you get 100 cards, which are the in-game currency. Use your analytical skills and draft 11 players and one coach from the roster of available characters.
Then you select which one of the athletes will lead your team as captain — his personal success directly affects your score, by the way. And just like in real life, you can trade players from one club to another and recruit a champion if you have ample resources.
Your ultimate goal is to win the highest score possible, overshadowing other club owners who are known in the game as cartoleiros.
And if you manage to get one triumph after another, you have a fat chance to end up in the Hall de Fama dos Cartaleiros — the game’s Hall of Fame.
Champions Aren’t Born...
There’s also a premium version called Cartola FC PRO. It offers way more perks than the free one:
- Trials. Instead of three trials, you get to compete in seven.
- KO. Knockout tournaments known as mato-mato are unlocked.
- Stats. You get access to the exclusive statistics offered by Gato Mestre.
- More leagues. While for free you can join one champion league. In PRO, you can join or create seven leagues at the same time.
Plus you get a chance to win a gift card worth of 60,000 Brazilian reals by the end of each season. You can’t spend this cash outside the game though.
Unfortunately, Cartola FC doesn’t seem to have rights to feature the champions of the Brazilian Championship.
As of now, the player list includes:
- Renan Ribeiro.
- Derlis Gonzalez.
- Douglas Friedrich.
- Ronaldinho Gaucho.
- Éderson Alves Ribeiro Silva.
- Neymar de Silva Santos Junior, and others.
Besides, if you’re new to soccer and don’t speak Portuguese at all, you will have a hard time at learning the ropes there’s no English version. Plus, the app is famous for a good portion of bugs, which sometimes sabotage your strategy as you miss a player you wanted to recruit.
- Giant player community;
- Plenty of leagues to join;
- A huge roster of champions;
- Portuguese language only;
- Free version is severely limited;
- Current leader of the Brazilian Championship is unavailable;